Teacher Vacancy FTE1.0
Required for January 2019, an outstanding classroom practitioner for a Year 2 & 3 class. This post is temporary to cover Maternity Leave and will be paid within Main Pay Scale 1-3
Tedburn St Mary Primary School is an integral part of the community, maintaining very close links with the village. We are also part of a family of schools belonging to Crediton Learning Community. We pride ourselves on being a warm, close-knit school with high educational expectations and standards. This means we appreciate the varying needs and strengths of all our pupils, helping them to achieve their full potential. At Tedburn St Mary we are committed to providing every pupil with the best possible educational experience within a safe, nurturing environment. Developing, encouraging and motivating children is at the heart of all we do to ensure our pupils become confident and successful lifelong learners.
We will expect you to have up-to-date knowledge and experience of teaching and learning in a primary setting. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a teaching team of highly motivated practitioners. This will take place in our school and also across the Woodleigh Hub and the Link Academy Trust. We will expect you to have excellent classroom management and organisation skills. We will also expect you to be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of how children learn and how to translate this into high quality teaching and learning. The post requires someone who is an inspirational, reflective and creative teacher with a passion to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’.
You will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and be committed to sharing good practice
- Be able to competently & positively manage pupil behaviour
- Show initiative and creativity in your approach to teaching & learning
- Be organised and efficient and demonstrate the ability to improve outcomes for children
- Be thoroughly committed to safety and well-being for all our pupils
- Demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful team liaising with parents, governors and the community, and on occasions working across the Trust
- Exhibit a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
We would encourage prospective applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact the school office on 01647 61338 to make an appointment.
Please see the links below to download an application form and person specification.Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Head of School, Mr Andy Keay.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post
Closing Date: Friday 2nd November at 12noon
Interview Date: w/c 12th November